On Thursday 04 September 2008, Mike Tintner wrote:
> And what I am asserting is a  paradigm of a creative machine, which
> starts as, and is, NON-algorithmic and UNstructured  in all its
> activities, albeit that it acquires and creates a multitude of
> algorithms, or
> routines/structures, for *parts* of those  activities. For example,
> when you write a post,  nearly every word and a great many phrases
> and even odd sentences, will be automatically, algorithmically
> produced. But the whole post, and most paras will *not* be - and
> *could not* be.

Here's an alternative formulation for you to play with, Mike. I suspect
it is still possible to consider it a creative machine even with an
algorithmic basis *because* it is the nature of reality itself to
compute these things; there is nothing that can have as much
information about the moment than the moment itself, and thus why
there's still this element of stochasticity and creativity that we see,
even if we say that the brain is deterministic and so on.

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
Engineers: http://heybryan.org/exp.html
irc.freenode.net #hplusroadmap