Mike, your argument would be on firmer ground if you could distinguish between
when a computer "understands" something and when it just reacts as if it
understands. What is the test? Otherwise, you could always claim that a machine
doesn't understand anything because only humans can do that.

-- Matt Mahoney, [EMAIL PROTECTED]