Yes of course, as I have been working on this stuff since way before Google
existed... or before the Web existed...

Anyway, use of Google as an information resource is distinct from use of
Google as a metaphor or inspiration for AGI ... after all, I would not even
know about AI had I never encountered paper, yet the properties of paper
have really not been inspirational in my AGI design efforts...

ben

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 11:31 AM, Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Mike, Google has had basically no impact on the AGI thinking of myself or
> 95% of the other serious AGI researchers I know...
>
> Ben,
>
> Come again. Your thinking about a superAGI, and AGI takeoff, is not TOTALLY
> dependent on Google? You would stlll argue that a superAGI is possible
> WITHOUT access to the information resources of Google?
>
> I suggest that you have made a blind claim above - and a classic
> illustration of McLuhan's argument that most people, including
> intellectuals, do tend to be blind to how the media they use massively shape
> their thinking about the world - and reshape their nervous system.

Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC
Director of Research, SIAI
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first
overcome " - Dr Samuel Johnson