Ben:I would not even know about AI had I never encountered paper, yet the
properties of paper have really not been inspirational in my AGI design
efforts...

Your unconscious keeps talking to you. It is precisely paper that mainly shapes
your thinking about AI. Paper has been the defining medium of literate
civilisation. And what characterises all literate forms is nice, discrete,
static, fragmented, "crystallised" units on the page.  Whether linguistic,
logical, or mathematical. Words, letters and numbers. That was uni-media
civilisation.

That's the main reason why you think logic, maths and language are all you
really need for intelligence - paper.

The defining medium now is the screen. And on a screen, everything either
changes or is changeable. Fluid. Words can become pictures. And pictures, if
they're video, can move and talk. And you can see things whole and complicated
, and not just in simplified,  verbal/symbolic pieces. This is multi-media
civilisation.

As video  becomes as plentiful and cheap as paper over the next 10 years,  the
literary/ paper prejudices that you have inherited from Plato,  will be
dissolved. (Narrow AI is "crystallised intelligence", GI is "fluid"
intelligence",  Betcha that after fuzzy programming, you will soon see some
form of  "fluid"  (or "bio-logical") programming).

The slogan for the next decade is - you ain't seen nothing yet.