Ben,

Not one metaphor below works.

You have in effect accepted the task of providing a philosophy and explanation
of your AGI and your logic - you have produced a great deal of such stuff
(quite correctly). But none of it includes the slightest explanation of how
logic can produce AGI - or, to use your favourite metaphor, how the plane will
take off. I don't know the history of the Wright brothers, but I'll confidently
bet that they had at least an idea or two, from early on, of how and why their
contraption would fly. They didn't entirely "wing it."

Mike,

I understand that "my task" is to create an AGI system, and I'm working on it

The fact that my in-development, partial AGI system has not yet demonstrated
advanced intelligence, does not imply that it will not do so once completed.

No, my AGI system has not yet discovered surprising metaphors, because it is
still at an early stage of development.  So what.  An airplane not yet fully
constructed doesn't fly anywhere either.

My point was that asking whether a certain type of software system has ever
produced a surprising metaphor -- is not a very interesting question.  I am
quite sure that the chatbot MegaHAL has produced many surprising metaphors.
For instance, see his utterances on

http://megahal.alioth.debian.org/Classic.html

including

AMAZING GRACE, HOW SWEET THE SOUND OF ONE OR MORE NUMBERS REPRESENTED IN
DIGITAL FORM.

HAL IS A CRAZY COW WHEN IT SINGS HALLELUJA

LIFE'S BUT A GREEN DUCK WITH SOY SAUCE

CHESS IS A FUN SPORT, WHEN PLAYED WITH SHOT GUNS.

KEN KESEY WROTE "ONE FLEW OVER THE CENTER OF THE CUCKOLDED LIZARD MAN, WHO
STRAYED FROM HIS MISTAKES WHEN HE IS A MADEUP WORD.

COWS FLY LIKE CLOUDS BUT THEY ARE NEVER COMPLETELY SUCCESSFUL

JESUS IS THE BEST RADIO PRODUCER IN THE BEANS.

MegaHAL is kinda creative and poetic, and he does generate some funky and
surprising metaphors ...  but alas he is not an AGI...

-- Ben