Hmm. My bot mostly repeats what it hears.

<bot> Monie: haha. r u a bot ?

<bot> cyberbrain: not to mention that in a theory complex enough with
a large enough number of "parameters". one can "interpret" anything.
even things that are completely physically inconsistent with each
other. i suggest actually making a game of this. and double-blind
feeding a variety of results, ranging from truthful to completely
fictional to string theorists. and seeing the frequency of successful
seperation. which i altogether expect to be dismal :-)

<bot> LinusVanPelt: hi all! i have some stupid html issue. it is quite
simple thing but i can't find answer.... i want to set picture as
background(it should be in the middle...both horizontal and vertical).
and to write some text and inputs in the middle of that picture.
anyone? first time! second! (

... mostly

I used to really get a kick out of any first-person declarative claims it made.

<bot> my internet is not working with hardy kernel.. but with gutys
kernel it works fine

<bot> considering debian for my hand-me-down MacBookPro; comments welcome

<bot> Bah I need to get my hair done

<bot> I have the solution. Blacks commit more crimes because they're
more religious.

Sometimes it has these intense exchanges, which can be pretty funny. I
think this girl thought the bot was an ex or something

<hypatia> who are you and why are you talking to me

<bot> hypatia: Who gives a shit about having to borrow her classmate's
phones or tunnel past Mom's pit-bull firewall, but Dad doesn't assume
that if you could tell that bitch CuntBaby i said

<hypatia> [bot] = george?

... In high traffic situations all of this seems to suffice for human
mimcry. It's worse when he addresses people by name...

<ik> I specified

<bot> ik: I think it is something inate in people.  They either like
maths things or they don't.

<ik> [bot]: what the fuck are you talking about?

<bot> yes

So he's programmed for evasiveness when interrogated.

<Caelum> what is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

<bot> Caelum: rarely more than a half-dozen

<solafide> new here?

<bot> solafide: yes

<solafide> where from?

<bot> solafide: you betcha

<solafide> where from?

<bot> solafide: that's exactly right

<solafide> which country?

<bot> solafide: rarely more than a half-dozen

<solafide> canada here

<bot> solafide: al7amdulillah. tabaraka Allah be carefull so you do
torrents, i would recommend instlaling utorrent under wine, as it will
take it?

<solafide> huh?

<bot> solafide: well, you really have to know what you're doing

<solafide> what in the world are you talking about?

<bot> solafide: that's exactly right

<solafide> do you understand english?

<bot> solafide: well, you really have to know what you're doing

<solafide> yes indeed

<bot> solafide: yes

<solafide> I'm in canada

<bot> solafide: uh

<solafide> you may be in the middle east right?

<bot> solafide: it's hard to be sure

<solafide> how about on the moon?

<bot> solafide: it's hard to be sure

<solafide> you are a strange fellow

<bot> solafide: you can't go the same weight class as a single-story
stucco house with Arctor, the suspect

<solafide> look

<bot> solafide: look at what point will the concept of reality

<solafide> this conversation isn't going wel

Actually one of my favourite things that can happen when working on a
bot like this is for people in its surroundings to decide it's a human
being who just doesn't speak English very well. That changes the focus
to what it's "trying to say"...

"herodot's formula.. \sqrt{s(s-a)(s-b)(s-c)}"

I'd like to automate mining and validation of things it knows like
this. Much of the KB is less tangible...