Brad:Unfortunately,
as long as the mainstream AGI community continue to hang on to what should, by now, be a thoroughly-discredited strategy, we will never (or too late) achieve human-beneficial AGI.

Brad,

Perhaps you could give a single example of what you mean by non-human intelligence. What sort of faculties for instance? Or problemsolving? How will these be fundamentally different?

Maybe you didn't follow my discussion with Ben about this - it turned out that Novamente is entirely humanoid. IOW when AGI-ers talk of producing a non-human intelligence, what they actually mean in practice is cherry-picking those human faculties they like (& think they can mimic) & ignoring those they don't (or find too difficult). There is no real, thought-through conception of a non-human entity at all.Have you thought one through?