Stan wrote:

Seems hard to imagine "information processing" without identity.
Intelligence is about invoking methods.  Methods are created because
they are expected to create a result.  The result is the "value" - the
value that allows them to be selected from many possible choices.
<<<

Identity can be distributed in space. My conscious model of myself is not
located at a single point in space. I identify myself with my body. I do not
even have to know that I have a brain. But my body is distributed in space.
It is not a point. This is also the case with my conscious model of myself
(= model of my body).

Furthermore if you think more from a computer scientist point of view: Even
your brain is distributed in space and is not at a single place. Your brain
consists of a huge amount of processors where each processor is at a
different place. So I see no new problem with distributed AGI at all.

Stan wrote

Is it the time and space "bias" that is the issue?  If so, what is the
bias that humans have which machines shouldn't?
<<<

I don't know whether it is bias for space and time representation or it
comes from the bias within our learning algorithms. But all human create a
model of their environment with the "law" that a physical object has a
certain position at a certain time. Also we think intuitively that the
distance to a point does not depend on the velocity towards this point.
These were two examples which are completely wrong as we know from modern
physics. Why is it so important for an AGI to  know this?
Because AGI should help us with the progress in technology. And the most
promising open field in technology are within the nanoworld and the
macrocosm. It should be useful if an AGI has an intuitive understanding of
the laws in these worlds.
We should avoid to rebuild our own weakness within AGI.