Ben,

I think the entanglement possibility is precisely what Colin believes.
That is speculation on my part of course. But it is something like
that. Also, it is possible that quantum computers can do more than
normal computers-- just not under the current theories. Colin hinted
at some physics experiments.

As for your views on quantum probability... I must humbly disagree
with them. I have not read up on this literature, but for now I'm
going to stick with what Wikipedia has told me:

"The more common view regarding quantum logic, however, is that it
provides a formalism for relating observables, system preparation
filters and states. In this view, the quantum logic approach resembles
more closely the C*-algebraic approach to quantum mechanics; in fact
with some minor technical assumptions it can be subsumed by it. The
similarities of the quantum logic formalism to a system of deductive
logic may then be regarded more as a curiosity than as a fact of
fundamental philosophical importance."

--Abram