Thank you Colin, that reply is completely satisfying! In fact, ignore
the email I just sent off-list. (Still not convinced that COMP is
definitely false, but I see how it could be, if you don't want to
count quantum computers as computers, and think the brain harnesses
quantum computation.)

For those watching, a correction is in order: Colin replied to my
argument off-list, but I did not notice and re-posted after Colin's
big long on-list reply to everyone else. So, Colin wasn't actually
ignoring me when I thought he was... :)

--Abram