>We cannot
> ask Feynman, but I actually asked Deutsch. He does not only think QM
> is our most basic physical reality (he thinks math and computer
> science lie in quantum mechanics), but he even takes quite seriously
> his theory of parallel universes! and he is not alone. Speaking by
> myself, I would agree with you, but I think we would need to
> relativize the concept of agreement. I don't think QM is just another
> model of merely mathematical value to make finite predictions. I think
> physical models say something about our physical reality. If you deny
> QM as part of our physical reality then I guess you deny any other
> physical model. I wonder then what is left to you. You perhaps would
> embrace total skepticism, perhaps even solipsism. Current trends have
> moved from there to a more relativized positions, where models are
> considered so, models, but still with some value as part of our actual
> physical reality (just as Newtonian physics is not just completely
> wrong after General Relativity since it still describes a huge part of
> our physical reality).

Well, I don't embrace solipsism, but that is really a philosophic and
personal rather than scientific matter ...

 and, I'm not going talk here about "what is",
which IMO is not a matter for science ... but merely about what science
can tell us.

And, science cannot tell us whether QM or some empirically-equivalent,
wholly randomness-free theory is the right one...

ben g