On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:22 AM, David Jones <davidher...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't really understand what you mean here: "The central unsolved
> problem, in my view, is: How can hypotheses be conceptually integrated along
> with the observable definitive events of the problem to form good
> explanatory connections that can mesh well with other knowledge about the
> problem that is considered to be reliable.  The second problem is finding
> efficient ways to represent this complexity of knowledge so that the program
> can utilize it efficiently."
> You also might want to include concrete problems to analyze for your
> central problem suggestions. That would help define the problem a bit better
> for analysis.
> Dave

I suppose a hypotheses is a kind of concepts.  So there are other kinds of
concepts that we need to use with hypotheses.  A hypotheses has to be
conceptually integrated into other concepts.  Conceptual integration is
something of greater complexity than shallow deduction or probability
chains.  While reasoning chains are needed in conceptual integration,
conceptual integration is to a chain of reasoning what a multi dimension
structure is to a one dimensional chain.

I will try to come up with some examples.
Jim Bromer