On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Abram Demski <abramdem...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Jim,
>
> I think you are using a different definition of "well-defined" :). I am
> saying Solomonoff induction is totally well-defined as a mathematical
> concept. You are saying it isn't well-defined as a computational entity.
> These are both essentially true.
>
> Why you might insist that program-space is not well-defined, on the other
> hand, I do not know.
>
> --Abram

I said: "does talk about the ""full program space,"" merit mentioning?"
Solomonoff Induction is not "totally well-defined as a mathematical
concept," as you said it was.
In both of these instances you used qualifications of excess.  "Totally,"
"well-defined" and "full." It would be like me saying that because your
thesis is wrong in a few ways, your thesis is 'totally wrong in full concept
space" or something like that.
Jim Bromer