Jim Bromer wrote:
> The definition of "all possible programs," like the definition of "all
> possible
>mathematical functions," is not a proper mathematical problem that can be
>comprehended in an analytical way.

Finding just the shortest program is close enough because it dominates the
probability. Or which step in the proof of theorem 1.7.2
in http://www.vetta.org/documents/disSol.pdf do you disagree with?

You have been saying that you think Solomonoff induction is wrong, but offering
no argument except your own intuition. So why should we care?

 -- Matt Mahoney, matmaho...@yahoo.com