> > > 3) While we're at it, I think we should forbid inactive players from
> > > performing dependent actions in general.
> > None whatsoever. I agree with 3) as well.
> But it's just this kind of loophole that could potentially lead to a
> magnificent scam.

But it's equally possible someone could pull a scam involving making
everyone else inactive and unable to become active again. As a general
principle, I would favor the version that has spent less time being
field-tested (so to speak) as an actual rule, and is therefore more
Dangerously Uncertain. Therefore I support the amendment.

There is _no_ cross-reference to all the assumptions implicit in the
ruleset about players being able to take actions. Who knows what might
come up?

Um, just saying. Hypothetical. I totally don't have anything specific
in mind at all.