On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, comex wrote:
> On Saturday 17 November 2007, Josiah Worcester wrote:
>> This result is not merely unsatisfactory, it's pure *bullshit*.
>
> Perhaps.  I at least would consider the appeal at least in part a political
> move.

*I'm* the one still think UNDECIDED is reasonable, and I came up with
arguments supporting it which I think are perfectly fine.  I think that
root should be the winner.  But this judgement is an incorrect precedent.
[Side note: This is a place that a Concurrent Opinion would be my favored
option, if it still existed.]

>  There is no doubt that the judge could have come up with sufficient
> arguments for eir judgement of UNDECIDABLE, if pressed to.

If *pressed* to?? The rules *require* em to!

The judgement is actually self-contradictory:

1.  In eir original (caller/judge) arguments, e claims that e must
    judge as e does because IRRELEVANT is unreasonable, which is
    a key point of the argument.
2.  In the new judgement e accepts that IRRELEVANT is reasonable.
3.  And then says "e stands by eir original argument."

So to sum up:  E accepts that IRRELEVANT is reasonable, and tben
judges as e does based [in part] on the argument that IRRELEVANT is
unreasonable!  This just shouldn't stand as precedent.

-Goethe