On Dec 18, 2007 3:05 PM, Roger Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I would argue that the inception of the agreement occurred shortly
> before Fookiemyartug's registration. comex's joining it turned it into
> an agoran-recognized contract, but R1742 does not prohibit agreements
> between one person. Contracts are a subset of agreements made between
> two or more people that are both binding and governed by the rules.

True.  I suppose this case hinges on whether Agora recognizes the
retroactivity clause.  I've previously argued that I think it must;
otherwise Agora cannot fully arbitrate the contract as it pledges to.

On the other hand, I'm not certain that Agora is able to fully
arbitrate the contract if it does recognize the retroactivity clause.
If an equity case arises, and the judge makes a decision, and then the
contract is retroactively amended so that the contract has proceeded
as envisioned after all, then the judge's determination may no longer
be appropriate.

-root