On Dec 18, 2007 3:48 PM, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> For matters external to the contract, such as personhood, Agora
> ignores retroactivity concerns and deems the state of the contract at
> a particular point in the past to have been as it in fact was at that
> time, which is not necessarily whatever state the contract may deem
> itself to have been at that point.  In the qualifications of the rules
> of Agora, Fookiemyartug was not a person at the time it attempted to
> register, so it still is considered not to have been a person at that
> time, so it is not a player.

In fact, the more that I think about this, the more that this
interpretation seems necessary.  As I've maintained previously,
Agora's obligation to a contract is to adjudicate it, not to accept
its internal definitions and provisions as part of the game state.
Regardless of any legal fictions the Fookiemyartug may establish for
itself, it was not a partnership at the time it attempted to register.

-root