On Thu, Jun 12, 2008 at 4:52 PM, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Of course, all this indicates to me is that we should use something
> stronger than MD5 for this.

You know... to fake a vote in this manner (have your collision be not
meaningless junk but a desired value), you would need a pretty amazing
supercomputer.  I don't think most Agorans have those to play with.

We could use some huge hash like Tiger; the problem with that is that
there are few client-side implementations of it that I know of.  If
someone made a webapp, well, ... that might be problematic.

Compromise on SHA-1?