On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:50 PM, ihope <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 7:28 PM, Ben Caplan
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> How about making statements to the DF that I haven't taken the time to
>> carefully evaluate for truthfulness? Or, for that matter, making jokes
>> to the DF (see CFJ 1849 and
>> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)?
>
> The rules can't stop you from posting to the DF. They can prohibit it,
> but my proposal doesn't (well, shouldn't) claim to do so.
>
> --Ivan Hope CXXVII

Even so, the occasional joke is submitted to the business forum.

Also, there are cases when it could prohibit certain totally
legitimate actions. For example. . . Someone forms a contract on a
certain condition. He then performs an action on its behalf before
this actually happens. If your proposal passed, then doing this would
be illegal.

It's just not necessary.

avpx