> A game action is liberal iff the rules explicitly indicate that it is.
>  A game action that is not liberal is parsimonious.
Define "game action". Does this include contract-defined actions? If I
vote FORx4 on each of two proposals, is that one, two, or four actions?

> * Any action that is required or permitted as a direct result of
> holding an office.
Any action that is required by any rule other than 1742, or that is
required by the judgement of a judicial question on equation, or that
is permitted as a direct result of holding an office.

> Whenever a person registers, e gains 5 persimmons, less the number
> that e already possesses.
Could be argued to remove persimmons if p>5, but maybe you wanted that.
Reword to clarify either way. I would say "persimmons are created [or
destroyed] in eir possesion such that e comes to have 5 persimmons [or
the number of persimmons that e had immediately before registering,
whichever is less]."

"Whenever a first-class person registers."

5 is too small. 10 would be better.

I transfer all my persimmons to the AFO. I register. The AFO transfers
the persimmons I just gave it back to me.
    (Maybe it's best to restrict ownership of persimmons to players.)

> <Insert other ways to gain and lose persimmons>>

Lose (one? five? all?) on deregistration (or only exile/fage?).
Lose (one? half?) upon being thrown in the chokey; the ninny gets eir
                  persimmons back at the end of the tariff.

 ~ *** ~

Here's an alternate form, which should prevent scams while also
allowing more activity:
Parsimonious actions *cost* 1 persimmon each. If no active first-class
player has 5 or more persimmons, any player CAN by announcement as a
liberal action create one persimmon in the possession of each active
first-class player. At the beginning of each day, each active
first-class player gains sufficient persimmons to put em at 5.
Registration is liberal. Ownership of persimmons is unrestricted.

Effectively, we're taking turns, but you can take up to 5 turns at once.

Note: I said 5 here, but I still think 10 would be better.

Pavitra