Possibly big question: if a player fails to do something that the rules
authorize em (with a SHALL) to do within a time limit, is e permitted
to do it late, or does eir authorization expire?

Agoran custom is that the authorization continues, but Rules don't say
(or did I miss them).  Maybe R2160 allows an Officer to "deputize for
emself" though that would require an announcement of intent.

Reason: I believe that we came to think (via CFJ, or just discussion?)
if R2019 "in a timely fashion SHALL" expires before the beginning of a
month, the Speaker loses the ability to assign prerogatives (and thus
none are assigned nor can be assigned for August, except via Deputisation).
However, this interpretation would invalidate many late actions where a
player must do something ASAP.

-Goethe