On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Alex Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I initiate an equity case against The Agoran Agricultural Association,
> specifying its list of parties as {{BobTHJ, Murphy, Wooble, comex, root,
> Taral, OscarMeyr, the AFO, Quazie, Pavitra, ais523, Teh Cltohed Mna,
> woggle, Warrigal, ehird, The PerlNomic Partnership, Sir Toby, the PBA}},
> and the state of affairs whereby events have not proceeded as envisioned
> by the contract is that due to comex's actions with respect to the PBA,
> it is now very difficult to determine the number of AAA-defined assets
> comex and the PBA hold without unreasonable effort on the part of
> multiple recordkeepors.
>
> I submit the following argument: The situation is even worse than it was
> when I did a typo-filled bank run against the RBoA, as that merely moved
> assets around in a way that could be determined iteratively between the
> recordkeepors; in this case, there is ambiguity that seems likely to
> persist for several days, as AAA reports are rare nowadays and knowledge
> of comex's holdings between several contracts is needed in order to
> determine how many assets were transferred to the PBA, and thus the
> resulting exchange rates, which would have affected comex's subsequent
> attempted withdrawals and thus have lead to a very confusing gamestate.

Note that I've already been well punished, losing 14 VP from that
transaction, which is well-defined (the last VM report was a few days
ago); there's no way that my holdings of any other asset is up to the
exchange rate so the deposit-withdraw is a no-op except that I might
get Coins out of it.  So my Coins are unknown, but my other asset
holdings are known (well, as known as they were before the
transaction, which is not very much, but...)  I argue that both the
deposits and withdraws may have failed due to lack of specificity, due
to CFJ 1307 now that actions must be specified, hence my CFJ on
whether parameters count as part of the action.  If they do, then a
lot more than my transaction is in question.

I note that if BobTHJ had fulfilled eir contract-defined duties on
time, ehird would have been able to easily figure this out.