On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 1:13 PM, comex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Which is an excellent reason to uphold the "specific" precedent and
> make such crazy transactions much more difficult.

Personally I think CFJ 1307 was wrongly decided.  It hinges on the M-W
dictionary using only "explicitly" in the definition of "specify"
where the OED uses "definitely or explicitly"; IMO "all of my assets"
is definite if not explicit.

And I see this as an excellent reason for the banks to require better
language in transaction requests.  Preferably in a machine-parsable
format.