On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, Ian Kelly wrote:
> I agree that it's perfectly clear what's intended.  But R1728 isn't
> looking for extension, it's looking for one of those three method
> schemata, period, and if the method doesn't match, then R1728 doesn't
> apply to it.  Since R1728 is the only rule that describes how to
> perform an action dependently, the action would probably be
> unperformable.

Okay, let's take it from the point of view of one of these methods.
The Without Objection part of Without Objection AND with Support
would ask:

1.  Is the initiator authorized to perform the action?
2.  Yes, but only with Support.
3.  Therefore if e has support, e satisfies (a) for determining
    if e's authorized to do it without objection;
4.  Therefore e can do it (with support) without objection.

And the nesting works the other way too, of course.

-Goethe