On Mon, 27 Oct 2008, comex wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Ian Kelly <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I publish official report X, which if ratified would make me dictator.
>> I intend to (ratify X without objection), with support.
>> I cause Player B, on whose behalf I can act, to support this.
>> Having obtained the necessary support, I hereby perform the action
>> "ratify X without objection" as permitted by R1728.
>
> The Rules do not explicitly authorize you to (ratify X without
> objection) with support.
>
> But there's no reason R1728 shouldn't support
> with-support-without-objection generally.  (Goethe, was it intended
> to?)

R1728?  I think we used it that way a couple times "way back when (before
repeals?) and I like it myself.  I haven't personally been tracking various
tinkerings with the Rule so I don't know what was intended, don't see the
harm in enabling in within R1728 (root's right in that it's ambiguous
so a R1728-fix wouldn't hurt).  -G.