On Tue, 11 Nov 2008, comex wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 2:11 PM, Roger Hicks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Note that I did not have a reasonable chance to review the first
>> change that ehird and Wooble made to the Protection Racket (the change
>> that removed my ability to leave the contract and permitted them to
>> change it at will - it all happened while I was asleep). I don't know
>> how this effects the judgment. I did have a reasonable chance to
>> review the later changes.

I would say this is perfect grounds for throwing the change out.

> R101 (iv) does not consider such amendments to be ineffective if you
> did not have a reasonable opportunity to review them; it merely allows
> you to consider yourself not bound by them until you do have such a
> reasonable opportunity.

Absurd.  Where's the 'until' you claim in R101(iv)?

It's absolute.

It says e does not have to consider emself bound by it [at all]
if e didn't have an opportunity to review it [before it was made].
Your interpretation makes it utterly meaningless in that it would
still trap the person effectively whether e reviewed it or not.

Now whether that means the change isn't binding to anyone,
whether it means e isn't bound by the contract at all afterwards,
or whether e is now the only member of the previous contract and
the others who did review it are members of another contract, that's
a darn good question... it could use legislative clarification,
but I'm guessing the "good of the game" argument would make the
change ineffective for everyone.

-Goethe