Not to mention that an equivalent proprosal would probably limit it to 1-2 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone

On May 28, 2009, at 12:10 PM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

On Thu, 28 May 2009, Geoffrey Spear wrote:
On Mon, May 25, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Sean Hunt <ride...@gmail.com> wrote:
Gratuitous: Publishing an erroneous report (power-1 Rule) is less
serious than ratifying one (Class-8 Crime).

Yes, but if the report is incorrect I'm obligated to publish an
incorrect report weekly, making the cumulative violation potentially
worse.

If you do so knowingly, that's appropriate.

If there is known uncertainty but unknown state, using a specific and
targeted disclaimer has always worked in the past to avoid prosecution.

If the error is wholly unknown, it's not a crime.

On the other hand, I could have avoided that breach by
resigning as Promotor.

You raise a good point though: if you can avoid a "forced" crime by
resigning, are you required to resign rather than choose the lesser
crime?  That's true in the real world (the "honorable resignation")
If interpreted that here way it's a bug; but I would say that a judge
shouldn't opine so.

-G.