Sent from my iPhone

On Sep 20, 2009, at 5:37 PM, ais523 <callforjudgem...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
As for your two-possibilities argument; giving notice that there's a
possibility that something might happen is still notice. There are two
possibilities; but if either leads to something happening, the notice is
there. After all, it isn't the case that every dependent action intent
in Agora is resolved; so if I intend to do something, there are two
possibilities: (1) that I resolve it, (2) that I don't. It's ambiguous.
Therefore, by your argument, there isn't notice there? Your reasoning
seems rather spurious here.

You specifically gave notice that you would do it without 3 objections (or without objection, etc.). I believe that "I intend, without objection, to do X", when evaluated as a statement, means one of:

a) "I plan that, if I don't get an objection, I will do X in 4-14 days."
b) "I plan that, in 4-14 days, I will do X without objection." [implying, I don't plan to receive objections]

In case a), after an objection is posted, the statement becomes a tautology. In case b), after an objection is posted the plan becomes impossible to execute and is invalid. If I'm given notice that I'll be kicked off a train for not having a ticket, then show my ticket, I wouldn't expect to be kicked off the train anyway. Either way, the statement says nothing about your plans knowing there's an objection. Notice is, after all, inherently a warning, and I wasn't warned that you were going to amend the contract other than without X objections. Given the warning I had, I could have retracted my objections, gone to bed, and felt confident that the scam couldn't be pulled off for 24 hours. Had I been warned without a method being specified, I wouldn't be so sure.