On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Sean Hunt <ride...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Arguments: Purported resolutions of Agoran decisions are self-ratifying?
> What if they are via an act-on-behalf that is platonically uncertain? Do
> they still self-ratify, even if the purported resolution could never be
> performed?

They're always self-ratifying, specifically to prevent such platonic
ambiguities from having annoying knock-on effects.  In this case, of
course, there was a claim of error which will prevent ratification.

Ignore the act-on-behalf aspect.  What if we discovered a year from
now that Murphy was platonically not the Assessor after all?  If
purported resolutions weren't self-ratifying, we'd have to recalculate
everything based on the idea that none of the proposals e claimed to
resolve took effect.