On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 3:13 AM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> Note that I don't feel this way about purely contractual obligations.

What about the other special case I mentioned, a non-player playing
through a shell partnership?  In both cases, the person is playing and
can probably defend himself; and definitely in the latter case the
person shouldn't be protected from all punishment.

Also... as it is, after a player deregisters, e either intends to keep
playing in 30 days, or does not.  In the former case, e can be
punished for eir pre-registration crimes once e re-registers; in the
latter case, any punishments imposed at any time are meaningless to
em.  Therefore, the only effective difference between punishing em as
a non-player and after reregistration is the "in absentia" factor;
this is definitely an issue, but I don't think it would make a very
big difference in practice.

So, aside from totally reforming the concept of a Player, how do you
think this can be resolved in the context of a R101 right?  I don't
have an answer to that, but-- for what it's worth-- all but the most
liberal interpretations of the current R101 do not protect a
non-player from punishment, so my amendment would just clarify things,
not change them.

What was the "frozen player" debacle?

--
-c.