G. wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Aug 2010, comex wrote:
>> On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Warrigal <ihope12...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> This, this.
>>
>> G., if you're going to AFFIRM as well, can you please specify a
>> substantive set of arguments?  In particular, it would help if you
>> made some reference to my arguments for appeal, especially the cited
>> CFJs.
>>
>> Thanks.
>
> Sorry, I should have said that by agreeing with Murphy's second statement
> that I was also giving general credence to your arguments, though I didn't
> look through the cases specifically in doing so.  Think you got a poor
> analysis here.
>
> I transfer a prop from Murphy to comex, for Murphy's using as arguments for
> affirming a guilty that were self-contradictory, with half the argument
> supporting overturn exactly as argued by the defendant.

Gratuitous:

There was not necessarily a contradiction in those arguments.

As I understood it, Yally's judgement (still up in the air, but at least
it's been put forth for consideration) amounts to:

  Stating "X (disclaimer: Y)", while fully aware that X is false for
  reasons unrelated to Y, may violate Truthiness despite the disclaimer.

Now this *may* fall apart on the grounds that Y is overly broad and thus
is related to X after all.  (I would've changed my opinion to REMAND,
but I thought all three opinions had already been given; I missed that
the second and third opinion messages were both from Tanner.)  But it
may not.  The relevant precedent was of the form "single statement
(disclaimer: this may fail)", while this case pertains to the form
"series of statements (disclaimer: some of these may fail)" - and we
might decide to interpret that "some" is sufficient to imply "because
I CANNOT, because the recipient doesn't qualify".

Anyway, the case has now been remanded (formal announcement coming up).