--- On Tue, 24/8/10, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Aug 2010, omd wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:55 AM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu>
> wrote:

> > > See CFJ 1520.
> >
> > In this case, the entity with the name "The Robot" will be coppro *at
> > the time of the enaction of the rule*.  Also:
> >
> > A document referring to an entity by name refers to the entity
> > that had that name when the document first came to include that
> > reference, even if the entity's name has since changed.
>
> Well, that's slightly more interesting, but the Proposal was a document
> that predated coppro's name change, so there's a case to be made that
> the Proposal's referent transfers to the Rules along with the actual
> language.  -G.

Possibly relevant here: CFJ 2775, which found that a nickname change wasn't
effective unless Agoran players as a whole went along with it. The arguments
are rather specific to nicknames in particular, though, rather than names in
general, so it might not apply; but if it does, it probably defeats the scam.

--
ais523