G. wrote:

On Wed, 15 Aug 2012, ais523 wrote:
On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 22:41 -0700, omd wrote:
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:12 PM, ais523 <callforjudgem...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
Actually, thinking about this, I think it's impossible under the current
rules for anyone to inform a nomic (including Agora) of anything,
because the rules don't define a mechanism for doing so, and nomics are
legal fictions.

Well, if you asked me to inform BlogNomic of something, it would be
obvious to me what you were asking me to do: post on the blog.

Counterpoint: /last/ time I was Ambassador (a long time ago now), I
communicated with BlogNomic's playerbase over IRC, not on the blog
itself. (And am currently using the same method to communicate with
Aeonomic's.)

I think "informing a nomic" can reasonably be said to be "informing
all players of said nomic" which can be reasonably said to be "posting
to whatever is the closest analogy of their PF".  I'd use the argument
that we are "informing" in the R101(iv) sense: players involved are
given a reasonable opportunity to see the information.

If the rules of the nomic do not provide such a forum in a manner
reasonably accessible without undue effort, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the
ambassador to inform the nomic - or at least not reasonably possible.

In particular, sending an announcement to the Agora lists would
constitute a reasonable attempt to inform all players of Existential
Nomic, as there's a reasonable possibility that the other player is
subscribed to at least one of them.  (a-b alone would probably suffice.)