On Wed, 2012-08-15 at 23:52 -0700, omd wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 11:20 PM, Ed Murphy <emurph...@socal.rr.com> wrote:
> >> If the rules of the nomic do not provide such a forum in a manner
> >> reasonably accessible without undue effort, it is IMPOSSIBLE for the
> >> ambassador to inform the nomic - or at least not reasonably possible.
>
> I argue that it is reasonably possible for the Ambassador to give the
> players involved a reasonable (that word again) opportunity to see the
> information - by sending me two rubles, then informing me and the
> other player directly.  After all, if it were some other type of
> obligation, such as making up lost Vote Points, we wouldn't excuse
> someone just because satisfying the obligation would require
> interacting with other players.

Requiring me to perform an arbitrary action of your choice is
unreasonable.

Also, I have no guarantee that you actually /would/ tell me the required
information if I sent you the rubles: there's no cause-and-effect chain
here. (I note that it's impossible to word a promise in such a way that
I could determine the information by sending you rubles; some action
from you is required no matter what, and you could default, so it's
completely impossible for me to perform the required actions by myself.)

--
ais523