On Wed, 10 Apr 2013, omd wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:36 AM, Sean Hunt <scsh...@csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
> wrote:
> > Proposal: New Beginnings (AI=3)
>
> Generally, I was going to respond negatively, criticizing the extra
> complexity introduced when the latest batch of changes might finally
> produce a solid basis for gameplay (unlike several past attempts that
> are still in the ruleset or were just repealed), but I think this
> might be manageable.  However, I think this proposal ought to repeal
> some of the other rules we have for defining random things as persons
> before lumping on new ones.

I am personally with Wes on this in that we need a clean sweep of personhood
(raise the personhood definition security to 3 in rule 2150, state
right out "only first-class persons can be players", then delete all
reference to classes of players).

I think, quite frankly, that all this personhood crap has been one of
the drags on the game as it is overly complex to no purpose, and getting
rid of it, rather than re-complicating it, would be better for activity.

-G.