On Wed, 10 Apr 2013, Tysger B. wrote:
> But what do we do with Offices that are Vacant right now? I mean you can't
> force first-class players to held Offices i think.
> Tomas

Not right now.

In the past we had an office (the Speaker) which wasn't allowed
to be vacant.  The person holding it wasn't allowed to deregister or
resign the office, and they were responsible for any office that wasn't
held by anyone else.  The Speaker got enough perks to make it worth
their while to hold the office (so players would actually try to get
elected for it) so no force involved.

This time around, it might be hard to convince someone to voluntarily
take such an office to begin with, since things are so far behind!
It depends on generally willingness of others to be in office, so
that the Speaker doesn't regularly get stuck with everything.

I'm very open to ideas.

-G.