On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 7:37 AM, Kerim Aydin <ke...@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> From 2002 (when I started) to 2005 no one thought about paradoxes at all in
> this sense.  Paradoxical CFJ statements were simply DISMISSED as meaningless.
> I think the aforementioned lawyer had a hand in creating this system (before
> my time).  R2358 didn't exist.

This inspired me to go grepping a bit.  There indeed really isn't a
lot of reference to paradox before 2005, but here are a few hits:

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 1995 22:02:58 -0600 (CST)
From: c647...@showme.missouri.edu
Subject: Re: BUS: Green Repeals Thoughts, Part 1

[...]
Action to be rewarded:
Getting more Players
Improving cultural life of Agora
Acquiring RL resources (computer space, programs, et. al.)
Clever ideas for Contests
Finding loopholes in Rules
Creating paradox
Gaining recognition from outside sources
[...]