On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM, woggle <woggl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/28/13 6:19 , Alex Smith wrote:
> > On Thu, 2013-06-27 at 23:32 -0400, Sgeo wrote:
> >> 1. This is the ruleset of a nomic called Ambassador Abuse
> >> 2. There are two languages used by Ambassador Abuse: Ambabusese and
> English.
> >> 3. All communications to Ambassador Abuse are in Ambabusese, but the
> rules
> >> themselves are in English,
> >> 4. All communications on Agora's public fora are considered
> communications
> >> to Ambassador Abuse in Ambabusese
> >> 5. Ambabusese is a strange language: If Agora would interpret the
> >> Ambabusese as transferring a number of Yaks, but failing to transfer
> Yaks
> >> such that both Sgeo and woggle gain at least 1000 Yaks in the week, the
> >> Ambabusese meaning is, translated to English, "I am the ambassador of
> Agora
> >> nomic".
> >> 6. If rule 5 does not specify the meaning of a communication that is in
> >> Ambabusese, then the meaning of the Ambabusese is equivalent to the
> English
> >> meaning of ROT13 applied to the communication.
> >> 7. Communications in Agora's discussion fora may be considered
> >> communications to Ambassador Abuse in English, if stated to be such (in
> >> English), and stated by Sgeo or woggle.
> >> 8. Sgeo may change any of these rules via a communication to Ambassador
> >> Abuse in English.
> >> 9. woggle may change any of these rules via a communication to
> Ambassador
> >> Abuse in English.
> >
> > I become a player of Agora XX, using the nickname "woggle". (Pre-emptive
> > arguments to any sort of counter-counter-scam from Sgeo: CFJ 3179 found
> > that it's legal to select a confusing-to-Agora nickname in nomics other
> > than Agora.)
>
> I initiate a criminal CFJ accusing ais523 of violating Rule 2170 by
> selecting
> a confusing nickname by selecting the nickname "woggle" on an Agoran forum
> in
> the above-quoted message.
>
> Arguments:
> CFJ 3179 found it was legal to use confusing nicknames on non-Agoran fora,
> but
> here, ais523 has chosen a confusing nickname on an Agoran forum (albeit a
> discussion forum) for the purpose of what is effectively Agoran game play
> (albeit through the Foreign Relations rule).
>
> - woggle

Gratuitous argument:  A-D is Not A Public Forum, and is not subject to the
strictness of a PF.  As long as someone makes it clear *each time* that
their potentially confusing nickname is not going to confuse Agora play,
it's okay.  So in my book, as long as ais523 clearly identifies eir use of
"woggle" as eir nickname in XX and there is no confusion between Agora's
woggle and XX's woggle, I would prefer NOT GUILTY.  (But if I'm wrong or of
the minority opinion, ais523 ought to be whacked with a rubber chicken.)

--
OscarMeyr