On Tue, 30 Sep 2014, omd wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM, Alex Smith <ais...@bham.ac.uk> wrote:
> > Gratuitous arguments:
> >
> > I thought it had been determined as part of game custom by now that 4
> > days is exactly the length of time required to establish
> > notice-to-all-players; I implicitly assumed it was the case, and it's
> > also the case in the quotes in omd's evidence. (Further evidence is that
> > omd knew exactly what I was talking about when I said "a few hours
> > early".)
>
> I contest the idea that a term such as "a reasonably public process"
> could be interpreted as equivalent to an exact number of hours, as
> opposed to looking at the circumstances of each case.

>From my hazy memory, "4 days" was found in an 2002-2003 era judgement to
be the shortest time you would reasonably expect someone to respond to
something, on the grounds of "you should be able to leave Agora for a
weekend at the very least."  (I remember the 'weekend' part as part of
the argument).

IIRC, the case was about how soon an Officer had to publish a report
after being elected (e.g., if the election is resolved minutes before
end of the week midnight, the new officer shouldn't be dinged for failure
to report).

Maybe at the same time, and maybe later, it was loosely linked to the
"4 Days" of w/o objection, but I don't know if that was just discussion,
a judgement, or what.

-G.