On Fri, 19 May 2017, Gaelan Steele wrote:
> Currently our CFJ data is a bit duplicated between the Rulekeepor's and
> Arbritor's records. I think it would be optimal if we did things like this:
>
> - Summary field on (some) CFJs in the CFJ database  similar to how they are
> listed in the FLR now.
> - Field in either the CFJ or ruleset database linking rules to relevant CFJs.
>
> My FLR script could then automatically pull the descriptions of the relevant
> CFJs from the database,
> this would simplify adding CFJs, and remove the necessity to keep a Garbage
> Bin around in the FLR.

This kind of handshake is *exactly* what I was thinking would be nice yesterday.

However, I tried yesterday to look at a small handful of CFJs, and it's a LOT of
work to write summary sentences that generalize well enough to be a Rules
annotation,
especially if I need to note what Rules are involved.

One step is to encourage Judges to include Rule/version in their text whenever
they
cite a Rule (e.g. "According to Rule 101/34...").  Would make for easy
cross-refs.