On Sun, 21 May 2017, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> I judged CFJ 3449 on 28 Sep 2015:
> https://www.agoranomic.org/cgi-bin/mailman/private/agora-business/2015-September/033920.html
>
> It was over a month late, but we're definitely outside the Statute of
> Limitations.

Also, to follow-up, because it's a general principle worth noting.  We
generally hold (again, past precedent maybe?) that for a timing violation,
the violation occurs the moment the time limit expires - a person isn't
"continually violating" the rule as long as e's late, e violates the
rule (once) the moment e's late.

This has some implications; for example, if an Officer is late with
something, and a new person takes the office after the deadline, the
new person isn't instantly breaking the rules by not doing the task.

And for this situation, even if I hadn't judged and the case was still
open, the crime was committed long before the current 14-day window for
punishment.

HOWEVER:  this *is* a case where the precedent was so long ago, it would
take a while to find it - and who knows if the same question would result
in the same judgement today?  So maybe it's more game custom than
precedent at this point... I'll put that on my "cases to watch out for"
list...