On Wed, 21 Jun 2017, Alex Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2017-06-21 at 07:53 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> > "Official" gratuitous arguments have less impact on the initial judgement
> > than they used to, now that the Arbitor doesn't assemble case logs before
> > assigning cases, so each individual Judge has to go looking for them even
> > if they're posted in BUS (slightly unfortunate, but better to have cases
> > assigned in a timely manner IMO).
>
> I typically attempt to ensure that all the relevant conversation about
> the CFJ at the time of assignment is present in the assignment email
> (often it's all in one thread without replies being edited down, so
> quoting that email is all that's required). In cases where the
> conversation's split into multiple threads, I use archive links.
>
> This doesn't, of course, take into account comments made after the
> assignment of the CFJ.

Oh yes, I should say I follow links in your assignments and include those
too :).  Maybe the better way to put it isn't so much that they have less
impact or are harder for the judge to find, but that it's more informal
overall (and on my side, harder to turn long threads into the final clean
"cut" for the logs, so I favor the well-labelled public stuff).