On Mon, Jul 10, 2017 at 3:42 AM, Cuddle Beam <cuddleb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...I totally understand why it could be be appropriate to card me for trying
> the stick-up, but @grok, I don't understand the card part of if I *fail* to
> deputize for Surveyor just yet. If the argument is that using a loophole to
> try to get the office is "bad", shouldn't I be carded *regardless* of if I
> fail or succeed? How does succeeding to get the office somehow spare me of
> getting a card? (Either way, I'll accept the carding, but I just want to
> understand that part better)

Trying to use a loophole that pretty patently does not exist or relies
on misinterpretation of common definitions of words pretty clearly
falls in foul of "No Faking" to me.

But even if it doesn't, if the CFJ is ruled against you, then you
clearly were Faking when you submitted a Surveyor report and should be
carded for that instance.

Regardless, I don't buy "I thought it might work" as a defense when
the action is intended to avert the rules as intended. If it was a
legitimate accident, sure. But in the case of a deliberate attempt to
use the rules in a way that is not intended that fails due to an
action that is impossible, the player should be punished for
attempting an action that is clearly impossible.

-grok