Actually, this proposal is seriously flawed. A person can always claim
to have believed that something they tried (however unreasonably), and
honest players like G. get caught in the crossfire when they do things
they're unsure of. A better way to do this is a reasonable person
standard (complain as much as you want about it being vague, because
it's probably what we're going to end up using for prosecutions
anyway). Basally, the idea is that if a reasonable person who
preformed a reasonable amount of due diligence (say looking at the
relevant rules and their annotations in the FLR for a few minutes)
could not have reasonably believed that it would work, then it's
illegal. (You'd probably add it to the existing rule, not do it as a
replacement.) We could put whatever safeguards on it people wanted.
For instance, I'd add a restriction that it only applied when doing
something contrary to common sense. I believe this would increase the
ease of prosecutions of the type of player we're trying to stop, while
still protecting honest players. Thoughts?

-Aris