More on that social gerontocracy issue, it's very similar to the monkey and
ladder experiment. Newcomers trip on unwritten things are just like the new
monkeys who are tripping on the error of going up the ladder. There is no
clear warning for it until you run into it, and it gets frustrating to run
into it repeatedly like playing I Want To Be The Guy.

It's easily solved though. Changing from an implicit culture to an explicit
one (or one that much more actively turns implicit content into explicit).