On Mon, 11 Sep 2017, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Sep 2017, Cuddle Beam wrote:
> > R869 has "A person CAN (unless explicitly forbidden or prevented by the
> > rules)
> > register by publishing a message that indicates reasonably clearly and
> > reasonably
> > unambiguously that e intends to become a player at that time."
>
> counter:
>
> IF you can't flip a switch to the same value that it already has, and have it
> count as "flipping the switch" (recent CFJ question), and IF "registering" is
> a synonym for "flipping the Citizenship switch to registered", THEN you are
> "prevented by the rules" from registering due to the fact that you are already
> in the registered state.

*sigh*

The recent CFJ referred to up there is this one, which apparently still
hasn't been judged:
     https://faculty.washington.edu/kerim/nomic/cases/?3529

It is, in fact, the exact same situation as CuddleBeam's current one.

(note, confusion exists because a later case was assigned the same number
and judged under that number, but I don't think the original listed in the
case log above was ever judged).