I think a good way to analyze the game design is to guess in how much time
the average player (eith average activeness and skill) will achieve a win
(or dictatorship) given their join date.

If its not the same (or very similar) for someone who was around at the
start than someone who joins later, then its Gerontocratic imo (on that
front). For example, the case where the total capital of all active
players, in comparison to what a newcomer has (Welcome Pack), grows over
time.