On Wed, 4 Oct 2017, Alex Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-10-03 at 20:39 -0700, Kerim Aydin wrote:
> > Would it make o's just-now forgery (Jan 1 2017) instantly self-ratify?
> > (and thus self-ratify not just the date but any contents that are self-
> > ratifying?)
>
> The message still doesn't self-ratify until a week after the other
> players generally received it. When it does, though, it self-ratifies
> the fact that it self-ratified on Jan 8 2017. AFAICT this doesn't lead
> to an infinite regress, but it is fairly confusing.

Oh I know there's no issue now; I was meaning under Ørjan's proposed
"The Date: header of an emailed public message constitutes a
self-ratifying claim that the message was sent at the indicated time."
(wouldn't that explicit Rules-specification of the Date being correct
override any old precedent about when it was "generally received"?)