Feedback inline. I wrote most of the proposal feedback before reading other
comments, so some of this may be duplicated.

> On Oct 15, 2018, at 6:13 PM, ATMunn <iamingodsa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> so basically this is super clunky and probably not going to work, but if
> you think there's any hope for it then please say so :)
>
> Title: "spaaace?"
> AI: 1
> Author: ATMunn
> Co-author(s): Aris
>
> Enact a new rule entitled "Spaceships", with the following text:
> {
>    Spaceships are indestructible fixed assets. Ownership of Spaceships
>    is restricted to players. Players CANNOT own more than one
>    Spaceship.

This seems like it could be problematic. What happens if someone gets a second
spaceship? Is it destroyed (in the “stops existing” sense)? Is the original one
destroyed? Is the action that transferred it INEFFECTIVE?

>    Each Spaceship has a Sector switch, with possible values
>    being I, II, III, and IV, defaulting to I; a Destroyed switch, a
>    boolean switch defaulting to False; and a Power switch, with
>    possible values being any integer in the range of 0-20

Inclusive or exclusive?

> , defaulting
>    to 10.
>
>    Any player CAN, by announcement, flip eir Spaceship's Sector switch
>    to any other value at any time, decreasing the Spaceship's Power
>    switch by one, as long as e has not done so within the last 24
>    hours. If a Spaceship's Power is 0, its Sector CANNOT be flipped.
>
>    If a Spaceship is Destroyed, its Sector switch CANNOT be flipped. At
>    least 24 hours after a Spaceship's Destroyed switch becomes True,
>    its owner CAN flip its Destroyed switch back to False by
>    announcement. [todo: some way to make this not flippable except
>    after a space battle, not sure how to word that]

I imagine that at some point in the near future, we’ll end up with a scam
involving a rule that forgets to check the Destroyed switch. I wonder if we can
make this the default—something like “if a rule refers to spaceships, it refers
only to spaceships with a Destroyed switch set to False, unless the rule
specifies otherwise”? Or make it so that when destroyed, a spaceship becomes a
different asset (Debris?) that can be converted back into a spaceship?

>    Any player CAN, by announcement, increase eir Spaceship's Power by
>    N, where N is the number of hours since the player last increased
>    the Spaceship's Power, divided by two. If doing so would put the
>    Power at a value greater than 20, then the Power switch is simply
>    set to 20.

Can we make this automatic? Seems a little pointless, especially because it
will change often enough that there isn’t much point in record keeping.

> }
>
> Enact a new rule entitled "Space Battles", with the following text:
> {
>    If two Spaceships have the same Sector value, and neither of them
>    are Destroyed, then the owner of either CAN, by announcement, start
>    a Space Battle with the other. During a Space Battle, both
>    Spaceships involved CANNOT have any of their switches flipped.
>
>    Once a Space Battle has begun, each player CAN, and SHALL in a
>    timely fashion, specify by announcement an amount of Power e wishes
>    to spend. This value CAN be 0, and CANNOT exceed that player's
>    Spaceship's current Power value. After both players have done the
>    above, then either player CAN, by announcement, increase the amount
>    of Power e wishes to spend.
>
>    Once 48 hours have passed since the beginning of the Space Battle,
>    players can no longer increase the amount of Power they wish to
>    spend, and either player CAN Resolve the Battle by announcement, and
>    at least one of them SHALL in a timely fashion. Upon doing so, both
>    players' Spaceships lose the amount of Power equal to the last
>    specified amount of Power, and, the one which lost more Power is
>    deemed the Winner of that Space Battle, and the other is the Loser.
>    If the lost Power values are equal, both Spaceships are Winners. The
>    Loser in a Space Battle, if there is one, has its Destroyed value
>    set to True.

This’ll result in sniping attempts at the end of the window. Probably a good
idea to have bids increase the window (proportionally to the size of the
increase maybe?)

> }
>
> Enact a new rule entitled "Fame", with the following text:
> {
>    Every player has a Fame switch, with possible values being all
>    integers between -10 and 10. Players with positive Fame are Famous,
>    and those with negative Fame are Infamous.

Default?

>    If a player is the Winner in a Space Battle against an Infamous
>    player, eir Fame is increased by 1. Likewise, if a player is the
>    Winner in a Space Battle against a Famous player or one with a Fame
>    of 0, eir Fame is decreased by 1.
> }
>
> [things that still need to be done:
> - make a recordkeepor of things
> - make space battles simpler probably
> - make everything less confusing
> - ???]

Other thoughts:

Would be interesting if during your “respawn time,” you weren’t able to take
certain actions. On the crazier end, we could have space battles to kill people
who you thought might be voting against your proposal.